Tutorial: Iron Man Inspired Look
I fell in love with the champagne and burgundy paint job of Tony’s latest suit, Mark XLVII in Iron Man 3. The sleekness and beauty of that armor proves when you roll with Stark Industries, it’s class all the way.
How could I translate those beautiful colors into a wearable look?
Reds in cosmetics can often look costume-y and juvenile if not applied with a light touch, so I opted to go with cranberry (red’s refined cousin) for this look. Light brown calms and complements the red undertones and adds a nice bit of dimension to this evening smokey eye.
- Apply your primer and apply a champagne color from the inner corner to the middle of your eyelid.
- Apply a gold shade to the middle of your eye, blending outward to the outer corner of your eyelid.
- Add a light brown to your crease to add warmth, and add cranberry to the outer V, being sure to blend into the crease.
- You can opt to stop at step three for a subtle daytime look, however, you can transform this into a smokey eye look. Add a brown-plum to your upper lash line as a liner and then blend on top of the cranberry. Apply this color to your lower lash line and smudge.
- If you want to transform this eye into a sexy evening look fit for cocktail parties, accentuate the cranberry with a burgundy glitter.
- Highlight your brows with a lustre taupe and blend toward the crease color.
- Add mascara and accent the cheeks with a warm, peach-toned blush. Finish the look with a nude lip color topped with a lipgloss with gold flecks.
Cosmetics used in this look
Primer: Painterly (MAC)
Eyes: Retro-Speck (MAC), Amber Lights (MAC), Wedge (MAC), Cranberry (MAC), Velvet Plum (Bobbi Brown), Reflects Blackened Red (MAC), Honesty (MAC), Doll Lash Mascara (Lancôme)
Face: Warm Soul (MAC)
Lips: Creme D’Nude (MAC), Lipgloss 141 (Chanel)