Harley Quinn inspi sketch!
I decided to do 3 designs since I’ve been getting a lot of request for Harley.
Putting these together will be a bit harder than the rest since her traditional design has a lot of cross diagnol-ing what nots hah.
Design 1 (left): Easiest to find in your closet design.
- Red plaid button up. Changing the collar white is optional!
- Waist high pencil skirt. Add her diamond logo with fabric or fabric paint. If you don’t like pencil skirts, opt for an A-Line or shorts even.
- Red tights are optional. You can also get patterned red/black/white tights too if you like.
- Black boots or sexy high heels!
Design 2 (middle): Most difficult to find in your closet. I made this design based of rompers. Rompers seem to be really popular these days. I know Silly always looks super cute in them so I wanted to do a romperesk HQ design : )!
- The best thing to do with the romper is to find a pattern of it and edit it to create the split black and red look. Or you can buy a white romper, unseam it, dye the seperate pieces, then sew it back together. With this design, it’s a little poofy at the legs and there is black lace at the bottom. You can make the poof by hemming the bottoms with elastic. Make sure the rompers have the diamond logo once again : )!
- Checkered bandana or scarf.
- Black and red hair ties. This design the hair ties/clips are the shapes of diamonds.
- Striped arm warmers (or knee high socks cut at the feet to put your hands through).
- Black/red gloves. The loose fit at the wrist is optional.
- Any kind of tights. Red/black/white any combo.
- Black and/or red boots. This design has a cowboy boot cut at the top but more sleeker/hugs the leg more and has a higher heel than regular cowboy boots. Any kind of boots would do.
Design 3 (right): Kind of easy to find in your closet or to buy.
- Red hoodie. Hoodie being a crop kind is optional. Black fuzzies around the hood is also optional.
- Black fitted top.
- Red/black shorts. Or red/black pants. I’ve seen Hot Topic selling those types of pants in the recent past.
- Checkered tights are optional. Or any sort of red/black/white tights. Having them two different colors would be cool : ).
- Red/black shoes. Converses, boots, flats. Whichever you prefer.
I hope this is helpful for all of you who asked me about Harley Quinn inspired outfits for Halloween and all that jazz >w<!
Also this is my first villain inspi sketch. Yay!
I adore the simplicity of the first look; it’s a translation of Harley that is both cute and incredibly wearable, plus you can easily stencil on (or appliqué) the diamond motif on a pencil skirt (as well as on any other article of clothing).
The Harley romper is my favorite piece of all three of these redesigns. I adore rompers (especially when paired up with boots), and I’ve actually had a similar Harley Quinn-inspired design that I’ve been working on during downtime over the past year or so; however, my redesign was actually inspired by a circus-themed romper that my friend Kelly created a couple years ago. Although I’m not fond of the black and white stripes in the second look, I do greatly prefer the chic vertical stripes over the tired b&w horizontal striped tights that scream Hot Topic mallrat.
The fuzzy hooded jacket in the third ensemble immediately reminded me of Harley Quinn’s winter look from Batman: The Animated Series:
Although I’m not sure if two-toned b&w/red&black checkered tights exist, I can refer you to We Love Colors’ Diamond Tights in red (We Love Colors actually sent me a pair of these tights, which can be seen HERE).
Check out more of Kat’s superhero makeovers on her tumblr (and on Fashion Tips From Comic Strips)!